Hi Fellow AEA Members! I’m running for an Eastern Principal Delegate Seat for AEA’s National Convention.
This is our first ever National Convention and it is of the utmost importance that our Delegates reflect our “Nation.” I stand for having all voices at the table. I encourage you to research candidate statements, keeping in mind our Regional and BIPOC Candidates.
I proudly and passionately represent my Region of Philadelphia, and serve as 1st Vice Chair on our Liaison Committee. I am a 10 year member of AEA. If elected, I am committed to presenting the following Proposals:
1. Updating AEAs stance on Archival/Streaming Footage. I believe we put ourselves at a tremendous disadvantage by denying access to footage of our work on stage. The Pandemic has proven the value of a high-quality video, available for immediate Streaming. I believe in an Agreement that can provide our Members with copy of the work they do, and create an additional, mutually beneficial, stream of revenue through a negotiated percentage of proceeds.
2. Mandatory Understudies. We all need the ability to not perform if there is a legitimate health concern.
3. Actor/Musicians need enforced pay bumps rental/upkeep fees. Too often they are taken advantage of as a way to not compensate an orchestra.
4. Transparency in where our contracts are going. We need to know what theaters are NOT hiring marginalized groups on AEA contracts. Publish updates once a year of highly broken down contract percentages. I will suggest Liaison Committees help with acquiring this information.
5. The Deputy cannot be in a ‘Conflict of Interest’ position with the theater they are working for. If you are Theater Staff, you are unable to be considered for Deputy. If you have a family connection to a Board Member, you are unable to be considered for Deputy. Etc...
6. Update EPAs to have a member of the Creative Team with actual casting authority in the room. If Directors wait until agent appointments and callbacks to be in the room, they are denying accessibility to new faces and talent. We must broaden access to our members.
7. Flu Shot Programs in all major Regional Markets. Educate Markets on how to raise the needed funds for the same access our NYC Members have to a free annual flu shot.
* TBD ideas that I will get from YOU! If you have a great idea for our union, I want to work on it and be your voice.
I appreciate your consideration and look forward to the opportunity to represent you.